Calling all Game of Thrones® fans! Belfast is home to Titanic Studios where HBO’s record-breaking series is filmed. Filming of this hit series is filmed across various locations throughout Northern Ireland including: the Cushendun Caves, Murlough Bay, Ballintoy Harbour, Castle Ward and Strangford Lough (to name just a few).
Make your way to key locations along the spectacular Causeway Coast and Glens that represent everything from the Iron Islands to the King’s Road and Dragonstone. Ireland’s rugged coastlines, historic castles and breathtaking scenery make it the perfect setting for this epic story.
There are many ways to visit these incredible film locations:
* Coach Tours *
* Private Tours *
* Self- Driving Tours *
* Boat Tours *
* Cycling Tours *
~COACH TOURS~ (Coach tours depart from both Belfast and Dublin and last a full day)
For tours departing Belfast, McKinney Shaw has partnered with the same company that provides transportation to and from filming locations for the GOT cast and crew—so rest assured this is a great company that provides an amazing tour with awesome guides!
Offering two different itineraries and limited to 30 people so advance booking is recommended. Both of these tours can also be arranged privately.
EXAMPLE: Westeros/Antrim Coast Road Tour Itinerary:
- 9AM- Depart Belfast
- Causeway Coastal Route, including a drive through Ballycastle—home to the real Lady Catelyn Stark and Varys
- Cushendum Caves
- Dark Hedges—aka The Kings Road
- Ballintoy (Pyke) Harbour
- Lunch at The Fulleron Arms, Ballintoy—a favorite restaurant used by the cast and crew
- Larrybane Quarry – Renly Baratheon's Camp
- Giant’s Causeway
- 6PM- Return to Belfast
EXAMPLE: Winterfell/County Down tour highlights:
- Tollymore Forest Park—Where the Dire Wolf Puppies were discovered & the Whitewalker ambush took place
- Lunch-- Percey French Restaurant in the seaside town of Newcastle (cost of lunch not included)
- Inch Abbey—The location where Lady Stark heard of Ned’s death & Robb was then made ‘King of the North’
- Audley’s Castle & Castle Ward— The highlight of this awesome tour! This location is instantly recognized as the location used for King Robert Baratheon’s arrival at Winterfell and numerous other scenes featuring the Stark family.
For those who prefer to explore on their own, McKinney Shaw offers self-drive itineraries to Game of Thrones film locations and Northern Ireland’s must-see attractions that include:
- · Car rental reservations
- · Overnight accommodations
- · Restaurant recommendations & reservations
- · Alternate sight seeing information
Each itinerary will be unique—please contact us for pricing,
Fans can get a unique ocean perspective of film locations aboard a boat tour. Check out locations like Lordsport harbour on the Iron Islands (Ballintoy Harbor) or The Narrow Sea (Stranford Lough) and several other key scene locations. Tours last approximately 2 hours. All boat tours can be arranged for private charter.
Other Game of Thrones activities to enjoy:
- Archery Experience at Winterfell Castle
- Game of Thrones afternoon tea at Ballygally Castle
- Cycling Tours
McKinney Shaw can arrange private, bespoke experiences that can include a visit to a privately owned castle used in filming or a meet & greet with a GOT cast member.